October 28th, 10am-5pm
Presented by Brevard Insurance Agency
Count Dracula may not live full time in Transylvania County, but we’re pretty sure he clears his schedule every year for Heart of Brevard’s Halloweenfest, the trickiest, treat-iest, most spooktacular celebration around.
This “fang-tastic” event features FREE family-friendly fun, including bounce houses, our traditional costume competition and parade, the Magic Book Bus, a hula hoop dance party, the LEAF Easel Rider, food vendors and more. Join us for this amazing event and explore downtown Brevard’s businesses through a downtown Spooky Stroll Open House and downtown trick or treating!
This year’s event will be held on October 28th, 10am-5pm, in the Heart of Brevard.
Volunteer for Halloweenfest
We can’t produce these fun, community events without your help. Volunteer opportunities include event set-up, volunteer check-in, assisting attendees and HOB staff, distributing event maps and information, manning the HOB tent, assisting vendors, working the Halloween Costume Contest and more.If you’ve got it, haunt it!
Volunteers are STRONGLY encouraged to dress up in costume for Halloweenfest. There will be a spooktacular prize for HOB staff’s favorite volunteer costume! HOB will provide refreshments at each shift, plus perks!
Each volunteer shift will earn perks, including downtown gift cards, Pumpkinfest tickets and other fang-tastic prizes!
Calling All Witches & Wizards
Join in on Halloweenfest’s Witchy Flash Mob!
Prepare your broomsticks, dust off your wands, and don your most enchanting attire because Halloweenfest is brewing up something truly magical this year!
We’re summoning all witches and wizards to join a spectacular Flash Mob Dance on Saturday, October 28th! The group is performing at 12:30pm and 1pm during the event.
Share the Magic. Spread the word among your fellow witches and wizards. The more magical beings we have, the more fun will be had!
Interested witches and wizards can reach out to Kim Burton at [email protected].
Halloween Costume Competition and Parade
We can’t wait for our annual Costume Competition and Parade at this year’s Halloweenfest!
1. Preregistration is required to participate.
2. Complete and submit the entry form by NOON on October 27th.
Best Character (Characters from TV Shows, Movies, Books, Comics, etc.)
Best Family/Group (2 or More People)
Best DIY Costume
Best Monster (Vampires, Mummies, Witches, etc.)
Best in Show
3. Arrive at the Transylvania County Courthouse (6 E. Main Street) at 11am on October 28th to check-in. You’ll then get to strut your stuff before the judges before taking a loop around the festival area in a fun parade led by the Silver Drummer Girl.
A 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place winner will be selected in each category. The 1st place winner will receive a $100 cash prize. One contestant will be tapped as Best in Show for a $250 prize.
Email us at [email protected]
- Sign up to participate by October 27th at noon.
- Create an awesome costume for your furry (or not so furry) friend. Human costumes are encouraged too!
- Meet at the Silvermont Mansion parking lot (364 E. Main Street) at 1:30pm on October 28th. Participants may park here during the event.
- At 1:45pm strut your stuff with the other participants up to Earth Mountain Bicycle (66 E. Main Street) for the judging and a chance to win awesome prizes.
- Judging begins promptly by 2pm but we’d suggest getting there a little earlier if you arent’ participating in the parade. Pets aren’t always as patient as us humans and the judging may start a few minutes early.
- After enjoying HOB’s Halloweenfest, head to The Grateful Dog where you can use your $2 participant coupon for a treat for your pet.
Transylvania Heritage Museum Ghost Story Tours
October 28th, 4:30pm and 6pm
Tours depart from the Transylvania Heritage Museum at 189 West Main Street at 4:30 and 6:00 p.m. Reservations are required as space is limited. Families with small children are asked to attend the 4:30 tour. The cost is $10 per person; children 12 and under are free with a paying adult.